Taking a screenshot is a great way of sharing that ‘awe’ moment on a video, a high score from a game, conversations on social media like Twitter or Facebook and even bugs you’d want to have fixed plus so much more. Os X makes it easy for you to take screenshots on Mac; here is how to go about it.
How to Take Screenshot on Mac
Option #1 – Taking a screenshot of the entire Mac screen
- Step 1: Open the app or window you’d want to be included in the screenshot.
- Step 2: Arrange them exactly as you’d like them to appear
- Step 3: Press the ‘COMMAND,’ ‘SHIFT’ and 3” buttons concurrently
- Step 4: You’ll hear a clicking sound then the screenshot appears on your desktop. It’s in .png format with a title that looks something like Screenshot (Date+Time)
- Step 5: You can open the screens shot with Preview and share it by simply double clicking on the image. o Share it with another app, right-click the image then select ”Open With a list of programs capable of performing that task will avail themselves. You can alternatively drag and drop it on the app.
Option #2 – Making a screenshot of a customs area of the Mac screen
- Step 1: Set up the apps or even windows you intend to take a screenshot of.
- Step 2: Press the ‘COMMAND,’ ‘SHIFT’ AND 3” buttons at the same time.
- Step 3: Place the crosshair cursor that appears on the furthest end of the image, click and hold then drag the cross
- hairs to the opposite ends for example, from upper right to the bottom of the left side.
- Step 4: When you are satisfied by how your screenshot looks, release the mouse.
- Step 5: A camera click is heard, and your image is ready for viewing and sharing.
Option #3: How to take a screenshot of a specific window
- Step 1: Open the program application or window you want a screenshot of.
- Step 2: Press the ‘COMMAND,’ ‘SHIFT’ and 4” buttons concurrently. This temporarily converts the cursor into crosshairs
- Step 3: Hit the space bar which also turns into a camera
- Step 4: Move the camera cursor to the top of the window (if it’s the right one, it will tint blue)
- Step: Just like in the other cases, you can view the image via Preview or any other photo app of your choice by double-clicking it or right-clicking then choosing the ‘Open with’ option.
Option #4: How to take a screenshot directly on the Mac using Clipboard
- Step 1: Ste up the app or windows as you’d love them to be
- Step 2: Hit the ‘COMMAND,’ ‘SHIFT,’ ‘CONTROL’ AND 3 buttons all at the same time. This takes a screenshot of the entire Clipboard screen.
- Step 3: Still pressing the above buttons except 3 (4 is used instead of 3 then hit the space bar).
- Step 4: go to the photo or document editor and paste the screenshot there.
- Step 5: On the program, save the screenshot using any name of your choice. You can then share it with friends.
Thanks for reading this article.