Chromecast is a device which will help you to enjoy online video, music and more on your TV. You might have used your phone or PC to watch online videos from YouTube, Netflix and also browse the internet. But what if, you can perform the same task using your TV?
Well, this has become possible using the Chromecast for connecting and creating a mirror image of your smartphone like- Android or iOS and also PC or Mac to watch or view on TV. With the help of Chromecast, you can easily connect with different apps or website using both Phone and Laptop to enjoy your favorite movies, TV shows, photos, and also visit any websites via Chrome browser and use them on your TV. When you watch TV, you are bound to watch only those which are shown on the TV channels. But using the internet, you can do much more than that- you can choose over 200,000 TV shows around the world and access to huge collection of movies, 30 million songs or radio, and also watch live sports or games.
But the Chromecast device alone cannot perform all the job. There is a Chromecast App which you have installed on your smartphone by which you can control and manage the connection between two devices (TV to Phone/PC) via WiFi. If you are using the Android or iOS Device then you must use the App, or if you are using the PC or Mac then you can use your Chrome browser to automatically create a cast passage for connecting with Chromecast.
To know more, you must keep reading below. we have brought you the complete tutorials for Chromecast Setup for your TV, PC/Mac and also using your smartphones.
How to Setup Chromecast on TV?
Chromecast Device can be operated by most of the device like Android phones or tablets, iPhones or iPads, Windows PC and Mac, and even the Chromebook Pixel. But to run the Chromecast all the devices should installed apps which would able to operate the Chromecast connected to the TV. Unlike normal TV, once you have connected the Chromecast device, you won’t be needing a remote control for TV anymore. Some of the basic functions like- playback or forward, adjust Volume, change videos etc. You can easily control your TV using your Smartphones or Laptop. All you have to do is play any online videos or audios on your phone or laptop and simply cast the mirror image on your TV.
Chromecast App will also help you to browse all the popular sites like- YouTube, Netflix and other various websites which support Chromecast.
Requirements for Using Chromecast or connecting between TV and PC/phone:
- HD TV- supported with HDMI and USB port
- Chromecast device and its whole set including- Cable, power plug etc.
- Android 4.2 (or higher)
- iOS 8 (or Higher)
- Mac or Windows PC
- Single WiFi Network running on all the devices
Note: Chromecast 1 & 2 are available at a very affordable price.
Plugin Your Chromecast Device:
Before getting started with the Setup process for Chromecast connection, you first have to plug in the Chromecast device properly. All the cables and power supply should flow correctly in order to run the Chromecast on your TV.
- Connect your Device– First of all, you have to Connect your Chromecast device with the power cable. And you have to connect your Chromecast cable to your HDMI port on your TV. In some case, the Chromecast device does not fit on to the TV, so you can also use the HDMI extender to connect.
- Connect the Chromecast to the power supply- Next you have to connect the Chromecast to the power supply. You can connect the adapter to the power outlet or simply plug into the USB port on your TV for power supply.
- Open your TV– Next switch your TV to the correct HDMI input. To open the HDMI, you can use your TV remote by entering into the menu. Select the option and start looking for the HDMI connection status.
- Connect to WiFi– Now connect your Chromecast device to your home WiFi network.
You can set up your Chromecast using either of these devices like- Android, iOS, tablets, PC/Mac.
How to Setup Chromecast for Android or iOS device:
Below, we will show how to connect your android and ios device to your TV via Chromecast. As discussed earlier, you need an App to control all the process of completing the Chromecast Setups. So make sure, you have downloaded the app as well as install all the devices essential for ChromecastSetups.
Follow the below Instruction carefully-
- To get started, visit- Chromecast.com/setup from your Android or iOS browser
- Now you will be directed to the Google web page for downloading the Chromecast application
- Download the App, Google Home App on your Android or iOS device
- Now install the App and open on your phone.
- You will connect the WiFi using your phone
- Now click on the Cast icon located on the top right above the screen, then search for the Chromecast device.
- Once you found, just select the device
- Next, you will have to setup the Chromecast and then select your country.
- Then you will see a code on both phone and TV when the code in both the device matches then select “I See the Code”
- Finally, now you should set the WiFi username and password and by clicking OK, you have successfully completed the process and are ready to cast anything from your Smartphone to the TV.
How to Watch Online Video via. Chromecast using Android Phone:
After you have successfully installed and run the cast on your TV using Android or iOS device, now it is time for watching Online videos. Follow the instructions below-
- Tab on the Google Home App on your phone to open the app.
- You will find a list of apps for listening music, watching Videos and much more.
- Click on your Favourite app and start listening or watching it on your TV.
- Now you can also use your phone to control the TV for adjusting volumes, changing the videos or audios etc.
How to Setup Chromecast for Windows PC or Mac?
To use the Chromecast with the Windows PC or Mac, you don’t have to use the Chromecast app. But you do have to run the operation using the Cast option which is present in the Chrome Browser. [Earlier Chrome Browser ask for installing the Chromecast extension].
Using the Chromecast with the PC/Mac Chrome browser is much easier. You don’t have to Download or Install extra application. All are pre-built in the Chrome Browser itself. But there is a distinction between TV to PC/Mac, some of these are- Chromecast Ultra, and Chromecast Audio. Besides this, everything is same just like using the smartphones. To use a computer you will need a Wi-fi connected for running the Chromecast on TV.
To know more, follow the instruction below.
Setup Chromecast for PC or Mac:
Step #1: Install the Chrome Browser:
If you still don’t have the Chrome browser on your PC, you must download it first. Click here
But if you have already installed the Chrome browser then you may skip the download. The Chrome browser is very important for Chromecast, as there is no additional application to operate the Chromecast. There is a Pre-built option “Cast” in the menu of the browser which will help you to directly connect to the Chromecast device.
Note: make sure you are using the latest Chrome version, to check the version- click on the Menu, tab on Help and click on About Chrome. This will show you the current version of Chrome you are using.
Step #2: Start Chromecast- Cast Desktop:
Now open your Chrome browser on your PC or Mac to start the Chromecast. But make sure, you have plugins all the equipment i.e. Chromecast Device on your TV.
To use Chromecast, click on the Menu of the Chrome browser. Next, you will find the option “Cast” click to proceed. Now you will have to choose the Cast Desktop and this will automatically search the nearby Chromecast device. Once it finds the Chromecast device, you will be notified and click on Continue button. Now you can connect both the device via WiFi and this is the completion of Setup Chromecast. After a few seconds, the TV screen will appear as the mirror image of your PC or Mac.
Step #3: Watch videos on a Popular website:
As the Chromecast has been successfully connected, now you can watch all the Movies on your PC or Mac. Or you can also cast the popular website like YouTube and Netflix to watch your Favourite movies. And also there are a huge number of websites which support Chromecast and thus you can enjoy watching TV in a much better way compared to the normal days.
That’s all for the complete tutorials for Chromecast Setup and Chromecast download on your smartphones. When you are bored of watching the same boring daily shows every day on your TV, Why not connect WiFi and browse some of the top and latest movies. Once you have connected Chromecast to the Android phone or your Laptop, you can also watch or listen any songs/movies from your PC/Phone.
You can also directly connect to your Premium subscription like Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video and many other sites using your PC or Mac. So no need to depend only on your cable operator’s and watch their selected movies. As now you got the freedom to choose what to watch or not to watch on your TV. Download the Chromecast App for your Android or iOS device now to enjoy endless movies or TV show to watch free online on your TV screen.